November 29, 2013

grateful & blessed

Yesterday morning as I was unloading the dishwasher, I looked over and noticed Madeline quietly sitting on the couch with a pile of books around her; sweetly and quietly flipping through the pages of her favorite books. I thought about Jeremy in the next room, always willing to do anything us. I realized in less than a month we'll have another person in the house, another member of our family. Another person to love. And in that moment I was completely overcome with an overwhelming sense of gratitude for all that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with. Tears welled up in my eyes and I just stood there in that moment being grateful.

I don't know how He managed to guide my life to where it is today, but I am so thankful that He did. I have a lot to be grateful for. I'm grateful for my little family. Grateful for Jeremy who works so hard, is (almost) always sporting a happy attitude and helps me to be better every single day. I'm grateful for the marriage we've built together and for how far we've come. Grateful for the covenants we've made together and for the opportunity we have to spend eternity together. I'm almost giddy when I think about what an awesome team we are now, after three years and then I think about us in ten years, fifty, a thousand and I'm so humbled by what a blessing marriage is. And eternal marriage in particular. 

I'm grateful for Madeline and her cheerful spirit. Grateful for the light that seems to shine out of her and brighten even the grayest day. I'm grateful for the privilege I've been given to be her mom. 

I'm grateful for the little boy inside of me. This little son of God who's been my constant companion the past eight months. Excited to meet him and to figure out how he fits into our new family of four.

I'm grateful for me. I realize that sounds selfish, and I don't mean it to come off that way, but I'm grateful for who I am. Grateful for the gifts and talents God has given me. Grateful to see how I'm growing and changing. I think back to just a year ago and I'm amazed by how much I've changed. Not in monumental ways, but little things. I probably couldn't even tell you how, but I feel different. I feel better. And I really like it. I'm grateful to be a daughter of God and grateful to be learning more about myself and God's plan for me. 

I'm grateful to be happy. Grateful to be so content with my life and where I am right now. Grateful for where we are as a family, still excited for all the good things to come, but I feel like we're living in the moment, and that makes me happy.

I have a lot to be grateful for, and my list could go on and on, but mostly I'm just grateful for the here and now. Grateful for this beautiful life I've been given and grateful for the people I get to share it with.

1 comment :

  1. Wow, this was exactly what I needed. I am SO beyond stressed right now about money (end of a semester blues, lol), upcoming travel (and funding it all), etc. In reality, I have all these things to be grateful for as well. I was hoping and praying this morning for help seeing this perspective, the one I know I need right now. Thank you for being that tender mercy! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I'm just like everyone else, I LOVE comments :)