May 16, 2011

Ode to the life of a bored pregnant woman

Most of you may have noticed, that I haven't posted in a while...
As a matter of fact I think this is the longest I've gone with out posting!

c.r.a.z.y.

I mean, I realized it had been a while when I had two journal entries more recent than my last blog post
THAT NEVER HAPPENS!!!

So here I am, sitting by a warm fire on a rainy day, realizing that I need to catch up on my blogging.

Last week we were blessed with some beautiful weather that really made us believe
 that maybe there was hope for spring!
I even got out and took some pictures - Lets just say I have a lot to learn haha 
but I am really enjoying it so far!


Of course it does help when your mother-in-law has the most beautiful tulips in the world!


Sadly, most of the pedals were pulled off just a few days later by a naughty little grandson... 


I absolutely love this picture!  It made me realize that hey, I could really be good at this!  
eeek!  I'm so excited to learn more :)

Lets see.... Most of my days are spent lounging around the house, or going over to my parents house where there's usually a few more distractions.  I really need an activity or something hahah

Unfortunately my job is really slow starting out, so my next day for work isn't until the 28th of May!  
I keep thinking there's got to be somewhere I can volunteer that wouldn't be to strenuous on my crazy/unpredictable body, and I would love to start sewing bedding and decorations for the baby's room
-- if only we knew if it were a boy or a girl! 

I will confess, however, that I think it's going to be a girl.... gah I can't believe I did that on the internet!  
I'm probably wrong, idk... and I can't decide if I think that because I secretly want it to be a girl or I really think that - gah!  lol I know I'll love either one, I just want to know -- now!
Only a month and a half til we find out - its hard to believe how fast its going! 

Can I just say that being pregnant is hard - like half the things I do I wouldn't normally do!
Example:  Last night I fell asleep on our bed upstairs, still in my church clothes, and I started crying when Jer gently tried to take them off just so I'd be more comfortable!
pathetic.... 

I can fall asleep so fast these days, and oh the list goes on and on haha
But I am officially out of the first trimester
{Didn't throw up once - haha!} 
But the past 3-4 days I've been so tired - half the time I can barely make it up the stairs to our room, but then this morning I found myself running up them 2 at a time - what the heck!
I give up on trying to understand my body.... 

We did have another ultrasound last week - sorry I don't know how to scan them {pictures} on at my in-laws house :/ 
But let me just tell you -- it is so amazing to look at a computer and see a little person inside of you - that has a heart beat!  Its the most humbling and wondrous thing I've ever experienced
and I can't even feel the baby yet!  
That is one thing I really just can't wait for :) 
Feeling the baby kick and move inside of me - eeeeek I can't wait!  


{Please ignore the un-showered, pajama adorned body - but yes, there is a baby bump!}
Gah I feel so fat all the time - but I guess that's to be expected!

All of a sudden none of my clothes fit and maternity clothes are HUGE on me - its kind of a lame situation...
Oh well... Soon enough I'll be able to own those huge maternity tops and pants haha

Wow sorry this is getting to be a super long post, but I guess I'll just press on - don't feel pressured to keep going, but you can if you want!

On Saturday, Christian went to his first prom
{He's only a junior, but he asked some random girl who goes to another school, so they went.... ha}


{And no she's not LDS - but a cute girl, right!}


The sun was blazing and the wind was blowing and it was like the most un-ideal place for pictures, but hey whatever works, right.  I took a bunch more pictures but this is the only other one worth showing - my mom's excellent saving the day helping pin on the man-flowers
{I can't spell boutineer}

I had my sisters pose in our back yard to get some practice taking pictures of people - they are such hoots!




Hannah was a little more interested in reading Harry Potter-  for like the 10 billionth time - so she left us
lame sauce....



Emma has the cutest little giggle in the world, and when I look at this picture I can literally hear her :)


Silly girls


Little Miss Diva


those girls....


How I love them :)


Those aren't even half of the silly pictures I took of my beautiful, silly sisters haha

Well I was going to post about a game we played with my family last night, but I think I'll start a new post 
because this one is getting pretty dang beastly 

kluvyoubye

2 comments :

  1. I love your pictures! That one of the fencepost is so cool! Isn't aperture fun!? I love it! It really makes me feel all professional, like I could be good at it too!

    I totally know how you feel about the normal clothes not fitting and preggo clothes being too big. Luckily that only last for a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures! That one of the fencepost is so cool! Isn't aperture fun!? I love it! It really makes me feel all professional, like I could be good at it too!

    I totally know how you feel about the normal clothes not fitting and preggo clothes being too big. Luckily that only last for a little bit!

    ReplyDelete

I'm just like everyone else, I LOVE comments :)