December 27, 2011

Happy Anniversary

A week before Christmas was our one-year anniversary.
I can't believe its been a year! And yet I can't believe its only been a year!
With out doubt its been the best year of my life.  It may sound kind of crazy to some, but I'm so glad I decided to get married when I did {see the We Fell In Love tab above for more juicy details}


In the past year we have laughed together and cried together.  There have been good times and bad times. I've fallen even more in love with this wonderful man and loved more than I ever thought possible.


We've shared some incredible experiences - 
the biggest of all bringing a daughter of God into this world. 


I supposed most people don't think of spending their first anniversary with a baby.  But soon after we got married we knew it was not only what we wanted, but what Heavenly Father wanted.  We are so happy to have Madeline in our lives.  Life is a little bit brighter with her around. 



Marriage is definitely a beautiful and sacred gift.  I'm so grateful for a kind, loving Heavenly Father who provided a way for families to be sealed together, forever.  I can't say I know what would have happened if Jeremy and I had waited til June 2011 to get married, but I'm afraid that it would have been hard to stay morally clean being engaged for so long.  This picture (above) was taken just after we walked out of the Temple.  It shows my feelings so well, "Hurray for making it to the Temple!"  


Because spending an eternity without these two:
sounds like a miserable life to me.

We celebrated our anniversary by taking a quick date out to dinner.  
My parents were kind enough to babysit.
{Madeline was babysat by her other grandparents a couple nights
 before while my family went to see a production of A Christmas Carol.}
This is the remains of the big cupcake on top 
of the cupcake tower we served at our reception.
Originally it had our initials in chocolate - obviously its a little pathetic now.
We had planned on taking a bite, but it was pretty disgusting. 
 So we took a tiny lick of the frosting.  
Yeah it was pretty nasty.

Here we are on our first anniversary with our cupcake and our baby - HA.


I think the number two thing I've learned this past year is marriage is hard! 
It requires ultimate selflessness, patience, and lots of work.  
The number one thing I learned: it's definitely worth it.


Thanks for the wonderful year, Jeremy.  I love you so much.  Thanks for your patience with me and your willingness to let me try again over and over.  You've taught me so much by your bright and shining example.  I can honestly say I am proud to have you as my husband.  
Here's to the next eternity of anniversaries!

Love always,
                       Your Sarah


  



No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm just like everyone else, I LOVE comments :)