January 4, 2016

christmas morning

This was the first year in a couple years that I found myself really missing the big noisy Christmas with lots of aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents all crammed into one house, enjoying merry chaos together.  I'm hoping next year will hold such a Christmas, but I really can't complain because our quiet little Christmas was pretty great, too.

All Madeline wanted for Christmas, all she'd talked about for months, was a piggy bank from Santa.  She also REALLY wanted Santa to bring "that rainbow cereal" and thank goodness he didn't disappoint.  Sweet Luke was just feeding off of Madeline's excitement, I'm sure he didn't have a clue what was going on, but he loved it.

I'm kind of looking forward to the day we get to have Christmas morning at a normal time like 8am, or even 7, but for now, seeing two little faces light up with Christmas wonder... even if it's at 5:30am..... is worth the lack of sleep, especially when you have a gem of a husband who lets you go back to bed for a couple hours after all the excitement has worn down. I'm sure one day when these two are teenagers and we're dragging them out of bed on Christmas morning I'll be wishing they were tiny early birds again, eagerly waiting to see if Santa came :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm just like everyone else, I LOVE comments :)