April 13, 2013

Easter at last


I realize I'm late, but we did celebrate Easter! Our Easter weekend was wonderful.  The Easter Bunny paid a visit to our house Saturday morning and Madeline absolutely loved it.  We gave her just a couple pieces of candy. Luckily finding plastic eggs is about as exciting as candy at this age.  Then we went to the Zoo as a family and despite the crowds we had a great time. It was a beautiful day.  We came home, Madeline took a nap and Jeremy and I dyed some eggs.  Then we headed out to have dinner with some friends.  Sunday morning we got up, got dressed and partook in a Wells Family tradition of eating an Easter nest for breakfast. It was quite tasty.  We headed to church where Jeremy got to accompany the Ward Choir for their Easter number and then we got to listen to a beautiful opera soloist sing, "I know that my Redeemer liveth". It was simply wonderful. This Easter felt extra special. Through out the entire day a scripture repeated itself in my head, over and over again. 


"And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he livesFor we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father— That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God."

I'm so grateful for my Savior. I'm grateful for His life, His example and for His Atonement. 

Happy Easter.

1 comment :

  1. YOU'VE BEATEN ME TO IT....I STILL HAVEN'T BLOGGED ABOUT OUR EASTER. IT'S BEEN QUITE BUSY LATELY. lOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A BLAST! CUTE EGGS AND CUTE EASTER NEST. WHAT'S THE NEST MADE OUT OF? HAPPY EASTER TOO!

    ReplyDelete

I'm just like everyone else, I LOVE comments :)