January 4, 2011

A New Beginning

Life as I’ve known it has changed yet again – but definitely for the better :) Since last I wrote, I’ve managed to finish up a semester, get married, celebrate Christmas and New Years, move into a new apartment and tomorrow I start school again! I’m sure it goes without saying, that I’m exhausted, stressed out, and very ready life to settle into place. You know when you get to that point when life gets easier because you have a routine and everything is normal and you can breathe again? Well to tell you the truth I’ve never been there… But here’s to this coming four months and all it potentially has to offer!
Let me break down the past few weeks for you (or at least for documentation’s sake). Why is it that semesters always have to end with finals? It’s like, you work your butt off for four months, and you’re just at the end of your line and then they throw a living hell of a week at you. I am happy to report that my husband did exceptionally well on all of his finals, and I did better than I thought I would… haha so we’ll just leave it at that. I mean, it was my first semester of college, I was working my first job, and engaged (which everyone says is the hardest semester) and I did fairly well. So there you go. Well enough with that and onto happier things!
December 18th, 2010 was without doubt the best day of my entire life :D You know how sometimes when something you’re really looking forward to is coming up, you sometimes set your expectations too high and things don’t pan out to as great as you hope? Our wedding was everything and more than I ever expected and ever could have dreamed of! Everything was absolutely perfect. Our sealing was absolutely beautiful. Sitting in the celestial room right before, just Jeremy and I, knowing that in a just a few minutes we’d be sealed together forever, and then walking in hand and hand into the sealing room, seeing all the people who love and care about us sitting there waiting for us, it was such an amazing feeling. It was really surreal for a long time that was are actually husband and wife. After we took pictures at the Temple grounds (which are beautiful by the way – they’ll be posted when I get them) we went to the ward building and had a wonderful and delicious wedding breakfast. There were lots of different soups and breads and mmm…. so good. Jeremy accompanied my while I sang ‘Til There was You’ from The Music Man. After that we watched a slideshow my dad made of pictures of each of us growing up. It was really sweet. I’ll post a link to that when I have internet (I’m just typing this up on word right now, because we currently don’t have internet… :( Our reception was BEAUTIFUL! My mom is the best wedding planner ever! She and my dad did just what I wanted, and it was better than I ever could have imagined. Pictures of that will be up when I get them too.
We ran out to our car with sparklers on either side of us and left for the Wingate Hotel. The next morning we went to Leavenworth, WA (about 3 ½ hours away) for our honeymoon. We stayed in a little bed and breakfast in the mountains. It snowed the most picturesque snow almost every day, and we watched movies and just enjoyed being together. We were kind of bums, but relaxing is a major part of the honeymoon, right? We got back to Spokane the day before Christmas Eve - Just in time to finish up some shopping and what not. We spent most of Christmas Eve with Jeremy’s family. We had a wonderful dinner and just enjoyed being together. It was kind of hard being away from my own family. It was the first time I didn’t do a lot of traditions and it was just a difficult transition. I’m glad that my in-laws are so wonderful. It I didn’t like my husband’s family it would have been really hard, but they are all fun, and kind, and that made it a lot easier. Christmas morning started early in the Wells home, so we watched all the little nieces and nephews open presents and still had time to make it to my family’s house for their Christmas morning, where Santa delivered our stocking stuff ;) Overall it was a wonderful Christmas. I’m so glad we had the wedding before Christmas. It would have been hard worrying about the wedding frustrating that we weren’t married yet.
The week after Christmas was filled with running a lot of errands. Returning and exchanging gifts (Christmas and Wedding), changing my name, setting up new bank accounts and closing old ones, so busy. Then, unfortunately, all of the happy blissful life we’d been living for two weeks had to come to an end. I’ll admit I miss my family a lot. I hate Utah (no offense to anyone who lives here), but I’m just not a fan. I love the North West, and I miss it. I’m so glad that I have such an amazing husband, though. I don’t know what I’d do without him. He drove all the way back to Utah after loading out Pontiac grand prix to is max (it was about six inches lower in the back with all our stuff). I will put out there that I offered to drive, but he gets really car sick, so he prefers to drive, even though he gets tired and sore. I’ll also mention that I slept a little, and he just had to stay awake the whole ten hours. Which, well we left late, and then had some minor car troubles that held us up another hour or so we got there late and he stayed awake the whole time. We stayed with my grandma Teddy in SLC on New Year’s Eve. We got there at about 11:30 and went straight to bed. We were so tired. Pretty eventful New Years, right? New years day we arrived at our new home and unloaded. I’m sorry to report that we have way to much stuff, and it still doesn’t look very great. We still have a lot of settling in to do, which we’ll do eventually. We had high hopes of having everything settled by today, since school starts tomorrow, but alas, it tis not so. But we do have a TV, bed and our kitchen is pretty much complete, so we’re happy. I probably should have been organizing more, I just had to take some time and write down everything that’s been going on before I forget and it just doesn’t happen. So instead of writing the like 300 Thank Yous or organizing and cleaning I’m writing this. Jeremy is at work and its weird not being with him for like the first time since our wedding (As crazy as that sounds). He works til 12:30 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and I hate staying up late, so usually I go to bed, but tonight it ended up that I had to take him to work and so I have to go pick him up. He offered to walk, but it’s below freezing right now, and at least a mile of a walk. I told him, “No way, I’m picking you up!” So I’m just sitting here, enjoying a movie, writing this, and eating some scrumptious Key Lime Pie my cousin made yesterday. It’s delicious! He is such a good cook. I’m going to miss him when he leaves for his mission in a couple months. Well I think that’s about it. I’ll be sure to post all those pictures I promised when I get them, and when our apartment is all set up, I’ll give you a grand tour of it as well. Happy New Year!


  1. Next time you are going to Leavenworth, drop by our site first to see what is happening in town. We've built a site with a whimsical tone from a tourist's point of view. We have a blog of our travels and things we've found there that we like.

    Visit us at http://www.AccidentalBavarian.com

  2. Next time you are going to Leavenworth, drop by our site first to see what is happening in town. We've built a site with a whimsical tone from a tourist's point of view. We have a blog of our travels and things we've found there that we like.

    Visit us at http://www.AccidentalBavarian.com

  3. beautiful!! I can't wait to see pictures! Congratulations, sweet girl!! We couldn't be happier for you!


I'm just like everyone else, I LOVE comments :)