February 15, 2014

date with my Valentine

I have to say, this Valentine's Day was pretty great. We enjoyed a lazy morning then spent the day doing some deep cleaning. There's few things I enjoy more than working side by side with Jeremy. It's amazing how hard work brings us closer and makes us feel more united. We're a pretty great team and I love being reminded of it :) Plus what better gift to give each other than a super clean house?!

BUT without doubt the highlight of the day was after we got the kids to bed… We'd been planning this date for months and it finally happened! 

Every time we go out to eat we're almost ALWAYS disappointed. Not that it happens very often, because we're pretty broke and there aren't a ton of babysitters in Baltimore. But when we do go, either the service is horrible, or the food is subpar. It seems like we always leave saying,"We could have made something way better than that." So we finally proved ourselves right. It was DELICIOUS! 

On the menu was Filet mignon, garlic mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus with sparkling white grape juice. It did not disappoint. We spent less than we typically spend at a restaurant but it was like 100 times better than any restaurant food I've ever tasted. 

I have to give credit to my date for the meat. He's a man through and through and boy did he do something great with that steak. I should probably mention that I'm not really a meat girl. I like a good burger now and then but for the most part I steer clear. I finished my whole 8 ounces. Fatty, I know. 

^^….shhhh…^^


^^every party needs a pooper, right? At least he let us eat most of our dinner alone^^
My friend updated her Facebook status yesterday to say,"I love love and I love having a day to celebrate it!"  I couldn't agree more :) To my Valentine, I love you. Thanks for the delicious dinner and wonderful company. I love you to the moon and back. 

love,
Sarah


1 comment :

  1. Hey!! Cory and I stayed in and had flirt mignon too! Go parenthood! You are so beautiful!! I love your top!

    ReplyDelete

I'm just like everyone else, I LOVE comments :)