June 13, 2012

april came in june this year

{via}

It's been raining a lot the past few days week two weeks.  Sometimes it drags me down.  It makes me super lazy (like how we're leaving for a ten day adventure in a FOREIGN capital F adventure to China in a couple days tomorrow and I haven't started packing! ah! I need to start packing!) but other times it kind of seems magical.  That's what my three year old sister keeps saying every time we hear thunder, "It's the magic!"   I love the way the thunder helps me think about God in all of His grand glory.  How omnipotent He is to control not only the wind and the waves but the sky as well.  And then I hear the soft patter of rain hitting the ground and I think, what a kind and loving God He is as well.  Blessed is the next word that comes to mind. 

Yesterday the sun came out and we were SO EXCITED TO SEE THE SUN!  Like I said yesterday, sometimes He lets it rain so we can appreciate the sunshine that much more.

Two little experiences I wanted to share, mostly, so I remember much longer than the day I die.  This morning, Jeremy being out of town, I let Madeline sleep with me long after I'd fed her and around six-forty-five we both woke up, probably because of the thunder.  We layed on our sides and stared into each other's eyes waiting, listening for the next thunder to strike.  She gently traced the lines of my face.  And it was one of the most beautiful moments of my life.  

My other memory happened about a year ago.  Maybe a year and a half.  I don't know.  It's a little more cheesy romantic than the last one... regrets.  Jeremy and I were living in the treehouse at the time. It was probably around our three month anniversary. We had just woken up to the sound of rain, either because we slept through our alarms and were late to class or it was the weekend.  I don't remember. But I do remember we listened to the rain hand in hand for a few minutes.  And then Jeremy rolled over on top of me, brushed the hair out of my face and softly sang "Banana Pancakes" while kissing me softly.  And that's a treat because this husband of mine doesn't sing to me that often.  (And now I've officially used this setting WAY too many times) I'll just tell you that we did make pancakes that peaceful morning.  And they were good.  I wonder how long it'll be before we have another morning like that.  Just the two of us.  Probably twenty... thirty years?  Now you know why I had to write about it.  

Thank you April showers for the cozy happy moments you bring.  Even in June.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm just like everyone else, I LOVE comments :)