July 8, 2011

I'm so excited it's embarrassing....

I have officially started on Madeline's little nursery :)
{eeeeeeeeekkkkk}

Yesterday I had planned on spending the morning finding material to get a color scheme going and going to a thrift store or two to find some cute decorations that could help me get going.
I told Jeremy what I'd be up to {he's currently remodeling my parents bathroom} and all of a sudden he got really quiet.  Turns out he wanted to come! 
{WEIRD}
Sorry - those of you who know Jeremy, he does NOT like to shop.  Never had.  Never will.  
So you understand how taken back I was.
{He later confessed that he had wanted to come for Q^2 - Quantity and Quality control....}
Just between me and you I think he really did want to come... :) 

We went to a second hand mother's clothing store, Other Mothers, looking for bedding that I could either cover or maybe use - didn't find squat.  But I did buy this cute little frame with a really ugly bunny in it that I planned on popping out and putting my own cute whatever in.  It was pink.

When we got to the fabric store I absolutely fell in LOVE with a blue flowery fabric:

And I soon after came across some green and yellow that I was equally excited about 
{although mostly just the green - I got less yellow fabric}


Then we went over to Northwest Christian Thrift
{After stopping at Zips for a shake - we totally caved... but it was hot outside and much needed} 
Found the cutest little watering can {had to fight Jeremy for it} and these two flower pots that will be holding a daisy each :)



I also found these antique books that we definitely won't be reading, but the colors were just so perfect I couldn't resist - and I mean, they were at a thrift store!

As we were checking out I noticed a basket with a sign that said, "STUFFED ANIMALS ONE FREE PER PURCHASE" so I was like ok!
ere-go the teddy bear

Which will be thoroughly washed in the machine before any child of mine touches it - nasty...

So there you have it!  I'm guessing you noticed there is NO PINK!!!!!
 I am not a pink person... well actually I am but I don't like it haha.  Pink doesn't look good on me, I've never been a fan of it, and so there you go!  Plus I'm sure we'll have pink blankets and clothes that will give her more than her pink fill lol

I can't wait to work on this nursery and then to give Madeline the little tour
{probably will first thing when we get back from the hospital haha}

kluvyoubye

2 comments :

  1. I LOOOOVE it! When I have a girl (I hopefully will someday, right!?) My colors are light green and brown with touches of pink so it doesn't look gender-neutral. I planned out a whole girl nursery, convinced that Nathan was a girl. Then he wasn't. SO, those plans got tucked away and will be saved for later :o)

    I can't wait to see what you do with her room!! You'll HAVE to post pictures!! The fabric is SO cute! When I did Nathan's I made him a full-sized quilt so he could use it past the "baby" stage (what baby sleeps with a quilt anyway?). I love how you've gone beyond "baby" with Madeline! You won't have to redecorate for a long time! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOVE it! When I have a girl (I hopefully will someday, right!?) My colors are light green and brown with touches of pink so it doesn't look gender-neutral. I planned out a whole girl nursery, convinced that Nathan was a girl. Then he wasn't. SO, those plans got tucked away and will be saved for later :o)

    I can't wait to see what you do with her room!! You'll HAVE to post pictures!! The fabric is SO cute! When I did Nathan's I made him a full-sized quilt so he could use it past the "baby" stage (what baby sleeps with a quilt anyway?). I love how you've gone beyond "baby" with Madeline! You won't have to redecorate for a long time! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I'm just like everyone else, I LOVE comments :)