June 20, 2011

Happiness

Do you ever get to the point in your life, when you feel like something is missing?
I've come to the conclusion that I could be happier.  
Not only that, but I want to be happier. 

Its starting to hit me, that very soon I will be responsible for a human being, another child of God
and I want to be ready and be the best self I can be before this little baby gets here
because from what I've heard there's not much 'me' time with a baby.

I realize that motherhood isn't all fun and games.

But I want moments like these to be magical more often than not.

A few years ago I came across a talk given by Elder Busche at a BYU Devotional, and yesterday I was reminded of it so I watched it, and I really feel like its an answer to my prayers.


So for the rest of this summer, each week I'm going to focus on one piece of advice from Elder Busche.
So seeing as it is Monday what better day to start.  This week's focus is:

"Embrace this day with an enthusiastic welcome, 
no matter how it looks."

On most days this comes pretty easy for me.  I love going to sleep with my window open
{for one because the fresh cool air is like the best thing ever when you can't sleep when you're pregnant}
But the main reason is that I get to wake up looking at the beautiful rolling hills of Mead, Washington.  
Oh how I love it here.  I love the blue sky, and how the clouds are always beautiful no matter how they look.
I love the wheat fields and the air and the pine trees and just everything. 

But I've come to realize that this probably is referring to more than just the weather - maybe like how you're schedule looks?  I think I could be a lot better at embracing everything in my day, not just the weather. 
So here's to you challenge of the week - I'm ready to go!

I really feel like as I change the lame habits in my life 
{we won't go into any details}
That I will find happiness.  
And that I'll enjoy being alive each day, rather than moping around making it from day to day.  
So that when He comes again, I'll be able to say 'I did my best, I've made it as close to perfect as I can with out you, I'm ready to become perfected in you.'


3 comments :

  1. how wonderful! I love it! You go girl! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the challenge of life... I'm still working on it, but I think I'm getting a little better overall...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, thanks for posting this. Having a new baby is so so wonderful, but very tough. Do you mind if I tag along in this week by week challenge with you?

    ReplyDelete

I'm just like everyone else, I LOVE comments :)