March 28, 2011

And the walls came tumbling down

And by walls I mean plans...

April 25 - 27 was supposed to be spent in arches national park.
Husband and I were going to camp and have fun and sleep in and make s'mores and sleep under the stars and go hiking and and have fun falling in love - more.
But now we get to spend that time in the car.
{Well, more like the 23rd in}
But still!
You get my point.

Apparently Arches National Park is like popular and lots of people like to go there, and if you want to camp there you have to reserve it in advance
what the heck???
Nobody told us!

So basically we didn't realize a reservation was needed for a campsite - a hotel, yes, but a campsite?
Its true.

I'm really bummed....
I've been looking forward to this for so long.
And now we have to wait a year.
Ever feel like every time you do something it falls apart?
Something always manages to come in the way?
sigh
Thats how I feel right now...
Poor husband is beating himself up - but he really shouldn't!
Its just a little mistake we both made.

I'm still excited for next year, but I'm kind of scared it won't happen, you know?
I guess I just don't want to be disappointed again.
But husband promise we would, so that means we will :)

At least we'll be home for Easter - I guess thats a plus.
ttfn

5 comments :

  1. i'm sorry! I wouldn't have guessed that a campsite needed a reservation, either! That's nuts! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad you can't camp at Arches... maybe somewhere else? Or we'll be happy to see you for Easter! And your birthday for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good. Yeah there's this hike in Montana I've been dying to do, but I don't know that much about it. We'll have to see. Maybe it'll be a done-with-the-DAT-celebration

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should go to Goblin Valley! It's my favorite place ever! THERE is camping there too :) You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about Bryce, Zion, or Kolob Canyon? Bryce is very unique-looking, you would love it. Kolob is one of our favorites-- lot's of red rock-- but not very well-known. It's between Cedar City and St. George. Very easy to get to and gorgeous. It's a good place to grow in love :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm just like everyone else, I LOVE comments :)