March 31, 2011

I love being alive

Even if this house is extremely small, there's a few things I love about it.
One of those things is the window next to our bed
{Jer called the side of the bed you can get out on, 
 but little did he know how awesome the window side is - so ha}

Right now I'm just laying in bed, enjoying the fact that my teacher cancelled class today, breathing in the fresh spring air, listening to the birds, and enjoying this time to be alive! 

 'It really is a wonderful Life!'
{Can you believe my husband hadn't seen that movie until like last year???
Thank goodness he met me haha}

But really, its such a great day to be alive.
{I apologize for all the bum posts I've made in the past, I'll try to be more positive from now on}

I was thinking about a talk Elder Scott gave last September entitled "To Have Peace and Happinesss"
In it he reads from his wife's journal, which she wrote while sick with a terminal illness. 
{The entire talk is great, but this is one of my favorite parts}

"It is a beautiful day. I picked up the mail, and sat down on the swing.  I was so happy and content in the  warm sun, the sweet smell of nature and the trees around me.  I just sat and gloried in the fact that I'm still alive on this earth.  The Lord has been so good to me.  How I thank him that I'm still here, and feeling so good.  I am so happy.  I just want to shout and dance through this beautiful house as the sun streams into the beatuiful windows.  I love being alive."

What a blessing it is to be here, on this beautiful earth.  
I am healthy, and strong, and young, and smart. 
I get to go to school at one of the top universities in the country. 
I have a roof over my head, and food to eat.  
Clothes to wear and a place to sleep. 
I have a family who loves me.  I was born of goodly parents. 
I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband who loves me and writes me little love notes and tells me he loves me in every possible way so many times a day.  
I have a Heavenly Father who loves me, and a Savior who atoned for my sins.  
I have been blessed in so many ways.

So here's to you life, with all your mysteries and splendors.  Your magical moments, and your despairs. 
You really are worth living.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I'm just like everyone else, I LOVE comments :)