February 28, 2011

Terrible horrible no good very bad day....

That's right... its been a long day...
It started out when I woke up late and had a zit under my lip - peachy.
{You know its gonna be a bad day when it starts out like that}

Then I trudged up to campus and man was I tired.
I couldn't stay awake in my first class - it was embarrassing
{You know like the buoy in the water thing}
Then I managed to bomb a test, and do not nearly as well as I was hoping on another... and had to pay $5 for each of them because I procrastinated...
I missed two classes to take these tests
{Which by the way in one of them we talked about an up coming essay and met our groups...
And in the other we had a hw assignment due - oops}

I had to walk home because husband didn't have his phone on him.
When I got home Jeremy was just walking out the door to go shadow a dentist, but he was kind enough to give me a ride to the store because I wanted to make a cake for my co-worder, its her last night tonight.
I got to the store, just fine, and on my way back I realized I didn't have my keys...
I was locked out and husband was in Orem til 5:30.
I called everyone I could think of that had a car, but everyone had class. 
They all tried their hardest, but couldn't - it was very thoughtful of them to try though!

I called my mom and she couldn't find a phone number or anything for our land lord so I ended up walking to the Wilk to catch a bus to orem. 
{Oh by the way I was carrying a gallon of milk and a dozen eggs along with other groceries and the Wilk isn't exactly close to where we live, and there's a giant hill on the way}
Miraculously I made the bus by 30 seconds - way too close.  Rode the bus all the way to Orem then walked another half mile or so to the dentist where husband is. 

Of course it was up a flight of stairs
{I guess my body wanted to carry the milk that much further - funny (only not so funny) thing was when we were walking out to the car husband mentioned we needed milk, but I complained about having to carry it 2 blocks home - try 2 miles...}

The receptionist got a kick out of me, and then she showed me back to husband. 
Husband tried to give me just the house key - like he wanted me to walk home
I said no way hose! Give me those car keys too!

I finally got home and looked at the cake recipe and noticed I needed 3 round pans, not two - oops!
So I got to take another trip to the store, and now I'm at home, the cake is cooling, and finally things are going right again.  I still need a shower - so yeah I'll have to do that.
Oh also - did I mention I had to pee during this whole ordeal? 
Yep - awesome.

So there's my story - hopefully the back luck doesn't rub off on the cake : /

4 comments :

  1. oh man!! Well, whenever I have to do something hard I think, "at least i'm not pregnant and trying to do this!" I don't know how I did hard things when I was preggo!

    You are amazing! It will get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man!! Well, whenever I have to do something hard I think, "at least i'm not pregnant and trying to do this!" I don't know how I did hard things when I was preggo!

    You are amazing! It will get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the day, that does sound awful. ON a lighter note, I love the book reference.

    ReplyDelete

I'm just like everyone else, I LOVE comments :)